Submit your masterpiece dedicated to the Art Angel and win a scholarship to study fine art in the year of 2016-2017.
Every year three talented young artists will be selected to create their own masterpieces according to a given inspirational theme. The best works submitted to us will be displayed in the academy’s gallery and we will have a public event to celebrate. The winners names will also be published in the local media: the theme is Art Angel.
First place – a full tuition scholarship for Academic year 2013-2014 (summer not included) for any class, program, or workshop of their choice. The masterpiece will be professionally matted and framed by our own loyal supporter Middletown Framing (in a frame and mat of the artist’s choice from the store’s stock selection). It will also be featured on the Academy website and will be given the honor of representing the 2013/2014 Art Angel Scholarship!
Second place – a full tuition scholarship for the fall 2013 or spring 2014 semester for after-school or homeschool program and free matting of their work by Middletown Framing (in a mat of artist’s choice from the store’s stock selection).
Third place – receives a full tuition scholarship for summer 2014 Fine Art Camp.
All other participants may win partial scholarships for our programs, classes, or art flat.
Elgible to Compete
1) “ART IS MY PASSION OR IT IS NOTHING”
2) Current residents of Connecticut
3) Ages 9 – 18
How do I participate and submit my art to Art Angel Competition?
1) Simply create your masterpiece of an Art Angel the traditional way by drawing and/or painting. (Yes, graffiti art is welcome!)
2) Use any medium you like.
3) Any quality paper, size minimum 10 x 12 and maximum 20 x 30.
4) Please print artist’s name and the date along with a phone number on the back.
5) Drop it off along with a completed scholarship application (TO DOWNLOAD ART ANGEL APPLICATION GO TO “REGISTRATION”)all supporting documents. A $15 non-refundable application fee, CASH or MONEY ORDER only, payable to Middletown Art Academy is required (one per family). Fee waivers will be available to qualified candidates only.
The deadline for submission by mail:
Open year round
The deadline for submission in person:
By appointment MAA Facility ONLY!